Shrimp Skillet Nachos
- Prep Time 15 MINS
- Cook Time 5 MINS
- Total Time 20 MINS
- 15 oz can Ricos Gourmet Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 1 lb extra large shrimp (raw, shell and tail-off), thawed and pat dry
- 2 8 oz bags tortilla chips (one purple and one yellow)
- 1 oz taco seasoning mix (original)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large and juicy lime, divided
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese or other, shredded (optional)
- 1 small avocado, chopped
- ½ cup tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup red onions, chopped (optional)
- 1 serrano pepper, sliced (or jalapeño if preferred)
- Cilantro, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 °F.
Season shrimp with the taco seasoning mix in a medium bowl.
Then, heat a medium ovenproof skillet over medium heat, add oil, and cook shrimp for about 2 minutes on one side and turn to cook another 2 minutes.
Squeeze on half of a lime and place on a plate or in a bowl.
Layer a thick layer of chips, both purple and yellow, in the same skillet used to cook the shrimp.
Drizzle the nacho cheese over the chips, spoon on half of the cooked shrimp, and scatter on the shredded cheese. Repeat layering once more.
Next, bake for about 5-10 minutes, or until hot and cheese is melted.
Remove from the oven, top nachos with avocado, tomatoes, red onion, pepper, and chopped cilantro, and squeeze the other half of the lime over the garnishes.