Cheesy Pumpkin & Chicken Taco Bake
- Prep Time 20 MINS
- Cook Time 20 MINS
- Total Time 40 MINS
- 1¾ cup Ricos Gourmet Nacho Cheese Sauce
- ¾ cup salsa
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 3 tsp taco seasoning
- ¼ tsp pumpkin spice
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 jalapeño, finely minced
- ½ large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 packet taco seasoning (or remaining amount in packet left over from enchilada sauce)
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 can Mexicorn, drained
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 3 large flour tortillas
- Extra jalapeño slices, shredded cheese, sour cream, and cilantro for topping (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 °F.
In a blender, pour all ingredients for enchilada sauce and blend until smooth. Set aside.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil and saute onions, garlic, and jalapeños until tender.
Add in Mexicorn and black beans and cook for an additional minute or so.
Add in taco seasoning, pumpkin puree, Rico’s Cheese sauce, and chicken broth and let simmer covered for 4-5 minutes.
Toss in chicken.
In an iron skillet, layer 1 flour tortilla into the bottom, followed by a layer of chicken mixture. Top this layer with a generous amount of enchilada sauce. Add another tortilla on top and complete the layering process until the skillet is full.
Bake in the oven at 350 °F for about 10-15 minutes, or until completely warmed throughout and sauce is bubbling.
Top with additional enchilada sauce, Ricos cheese sauce, and your favorite taco toppings!
Serve immediately and enjoy!