Air Fryer Pumpkin Fries
- Prep Time 30 MINS
- Cook Time 20 MINS
- Total Time 50 MINS
- 15 oz can of Ricos Gourmet Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 1 small pumpkin
- 3 tsp arrowroot starch (corn or potato starch will also work)
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp chile powder
- ¼ tsp ground chipotle powder (optional)
- Flaked sea salt to taste
- Using a very sharp knife, cut the pumpkin in half and scoop out the flesh and seeds. Cut the halves in half again and peel off pumpkin pieces using a vegetable peeler.
- Carefully slice the peeled pieces into ¼”-thick fries. Place the pumpkin fries in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Let the fries soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain the fries, rinse, and pat dry.
- In large mixing bowl, add fries and top with arrowroot starch and olive oil. Mix well to make sure the fries are evenly coated.
- Sprinkle on the chile powder and garlic powder and toss again until evenly distributed.
- Spread fries in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets.
- Place fries in air fryer in a single layer. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 400 °F, flipping once halfway through, until the fries are golden brown and crisp.
- Top the fries with Ricos Gourmet Nacho Cheese Sauce and spices to taste. Enjoy!