Taco Potato Boats
Servings: 3 people
Rate This Recipe
- 6 baking potatoes
- 1 lb ground turkey (or ground beef)
- 1 medium size sweet onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- taco seasoning
- 1 15 oz can Ricos Gourmet Nacho Cheese Sauce
- sour cream
- french onions
- Bake the potatoes in the microwave depending on your microwave’s directions. If you’d like, you can also bake them in the oven for a crispier outside. Cut them open to let them cool just a little bit.
- While the potatoes are baking, brown the ground turkey (or ground beef) and add in the diced onion, peppers and taco seasoning and cook until peppers are soft.
- Cut the baked potatoes open about 1/2 way and scoop out most of the potato filling. You can use this filling for anything — mashed potatoes, etc. We mixed it in with the leftover meat and cheese — yum!
- Fill the potato boat with the turkey meat mixture. Top with Rico’s Cheese Sauce, sour cream and garnish with green onions.
Recipe & Images submitted by This N' That With Olivia Blogger Olivia