Steak Nachos Salad Bowl
Servings: 1 people
Rate This Recipe
- 2-3 lbs flank steak (I purchase 2 of these for my family of 5)
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 juice of limes
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp turbinado sugar
- 1 tbsp salt (pepper is optional - I do not like pepper, so I never use it, but I know a lot of people love pepper, especially on steaks and salads)
- 1/2 cup Ricos Premium Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- mixed salad greens
- sliced brussel sprouts
- spiraled sweet potatoes
- chopped grape tomatoes
- 3-4 sliced radishes
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and sliced (per salad bowl)
- salt to taste
- cilantro chopped
- jalapenos sliced
- limes quartered and zested
- blue corn chips and sweet potato chips
- Marinade: Chop garlic cloves in a small food processor. Add the marinade ingredients and mix thoroughly. Place the steaks in a dish, cover with the marinade, and place in the refrigerator for 1-24 hours.
- Grilling the Steak: Preheat the grill to medium heat. Remove the meat from the marinade dish. Place the flanks steak on the grill and grill for 7-9 minutes per side. We enjoy a medium rare steak (140-145º), but you can grill longer if you prefer your steak medium (155-160º). Place grilled steaks on a platter and cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice across the grain of meat (ie: slicing across the width of the steak rather than its length).
- Greens and Veggies: Prep your salad bowl toppings.
- Assemble: Build your salad bowl with greens. Nestle in your avocado slices, radish slices and nacho chips. Sprinkle in a handful of sliced brussel sprouts and spiraled sweet potatoes (I quickly blanched mine). Top with chopped cilantro, jalapeno and real salt.
- Protein: Place slices of flank steak on top of the salad bowl.
- Toppings: Scoop a generous ½ cup of Ricos Premium Cheddar Cheese Sauce. Squeeze a slice of lime over the top and sprinkle a bit of the lime zest. ENJOY!