Shrimp Skillet Nachos
Servings: 8 people
Rate This Recipe
- 1 lb Extra Large shrimp (raw, shell and tail-off), thawed and pat dry
- 1 oz taco seasoning mix (original)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large and juicy lime, divided
- 2 8 oz bags tortilla chips (one purple and one yellow)
- 1 15 oz can Ricos Gourmet Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese or other, shredded (optional)
- 1 small avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped red onions (optional)
- 1 Serrano pepper, sliced (or jalapeno if preferred)
- chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Season shrimp with the taco seasoning mix in a medium bowl.
- Then, heat a medium ovenproof skillet over medium heat, add oil, and cook shrimp for about 2 minutes on one side and turn to cook another 2 minutes.
- Squeeze on half of a lime and place on a plate or in a bowl.
- Layer a thick layer of chips, both purple and yellow, in the same skillet used to cook the shrimp.
- Drizzle the nacho cheese over the chips, spoon on half of the cooked shrimp, and scatter on the shredded cheese. Repeat layering once more.
- Next, bake for about 5-10 minutes, or until hot and cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven, top nachos with avocado, tomatoes, red onion, pepper, and chopped cilantro, and squeeze the other half of the lime over the garnishes.