Shrimp Skillet Nachos
Servings: 8 people
Rate This Recipe
- 1 lb Extra Large shrimp (raw, shell and tail-off), thawed and pat dry
- 1 oz taco seasoning mix (original)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large and juicy lime, divided
- 2 8 oz bags tortilla chips (one purple and one yellow)
- 1 15 oz can Ricos Gourmet Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese or other, shredded (optional)
- 1 small avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped red onions (optional)
- 1 Serrano pepper, sliced (or jalapeno if preferred)
- chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Season shrimp with the taco seasoning mix in a medium bowl.
- Then, heat a medium ovenproof skillet over medium heat, add oil, and cook shrimp for about 2 minutes on one side and turn to cook another 2 minutes.
- Squeeze on half of a lime and place on a plate or in a bowl.
- Layer a thick layer of chips, both purple and yellow, in the same skillet used to cook the shrimp.
- Drizzle the nacho cheese over the chips, spoon on half of the cooked shrimp, and scatter on the shredded cheese. Repeat layering once more.
- Next, bake for about 5-10 minutes, or until hot and cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven, top nachos with avocado, tomatoes, red onion, pepper, and chopped cilantro, and squeeze the other half of the lime over the garnishes.
Nachos must be served warm and can be topped with sour cream.
Recipe & Images submitted by Easy And Delish Blogger Denise Browning