The Ricos Nachos truck was cruisin’ the FIESTA King William Parade on Saturday, April 24th, 2016.
The theme of the 2016 King William Parade was “Geeks in the ‘Hood” and Michael Girdley of Codeup served as Grand Marshal.
2016 Parade Route, Click Here!
2016 Parade Lineup, Click Here!
Follow the King William Parade on Twitter @KWFairParade!
About King William Fair:
In 1967, the King William Association was chartered as a non-profit corporation to preserve the oldest historic district in the state of Texas and to promote the unique cultural heritage of San Antonio. To further that mission, the Association hosted its first Fair in 1968. Since then, the Fair has grown from a one-block arts exhibit to a major Fiesta event. Through the efforts of hundreds of volunteers and thousands of Fair-goers, the Fair raises funds for arts, education, and community improvements.
Through the King William Fair proceeds, the King William Association has donated over $600,000 in grants and scholarships since 2001.
In 2015, grant and scholarship funds of $92,410 went to:
- Jump-Start Performance Co.
- Artsmart program benefitting Bonham Academy
- Page Middle School Band and Choir
- Magik Theater and Gemini Ink benefitting Brackenridge High School
- SAY Sí
- Blue Star Contemporary Arts MOSAIC program
- The Cannoli Fund for Dogs and Cats
- Alamo Colleges scholarships
In addition, funds from the Fair support these neighborhood activities:
- Sidewalk replacement program
- Presented four Cultural Art workshops
- Tree planting program
- Graffiti abatement
- Hired intern to research historic houses
- Creation and printing of a new walking tour brochure
- Community Concert Series