Ricos Chicken Mole Verde Nachos
Rate This Recipe
- 1 14 oz Bag of Ricos Original Nacho Chips
- 1 15 oz Can of Ricos Gourmet Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 4 Chicken leg quarters
- 2 cups Chicken stock
- 1 Medium onion, sliced
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 1 Bunch of cilantro
- 2-3 Bay leaves
- 6 Tomatillos, husks removed
- 2 Serrano chiles
- 1/2 cup Sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin seeds
- 6 Whole clove spice
- 2-3 Romaine lettuce leaves
- 3 oz oil
- Salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- Season the chicken generously with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Sear the chicken with the skin side down in a large shallow roasting pot over medium high heat until skin is brown and crispy.
- Turn the chicken over before adding the onion and garlic. Let sear for a couple minutes and add the stock.
- Cover the chicken with a tight-fitting lid and cook until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 °F.
- Remove from heat. Pull chicken out of pan to cool.
- Coat the chilies and tomatillos with oil, season with salt and pepper, and roast on a cookie sheet in an oven @ 350 °F for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cover, and let cool.