Queso Smothered Chicken Burritos
Servings: 8 people
Rate This Recipe
- 2 15 oz cans Ricos Queso Blanco Cheese Sauce
- 2 cups Shredded Lettuce
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- pico de gallo
- 2 15 oz cans black beans
- 8-10 burrito sized tortillas
- Chicken Marinade
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 3 tsps chili powder
- 4 tbsps olive oil
- 3 lbs chicken breast trimmed
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsps worcestershire sauce
- Wash all the fresh produce and begin chopping. Finely minced the garlic cloves, roughly chop cilantro, chop the lettuce and other fresh produce.
- Place all the marinade ingredients into a large food storage bag.
- Trim your chicken breasts and add to the marinade. Seal the bag. Let marinate for 30 minutes - 2 hours.
- Make your Guacamole and Pico de Gallo.
- Begin the Cilantro Lime Rice.
- Cook the chicken. On the stove top, add a drizzle of olive to a pan on medium heat and add the chicken breasts cooking 7-9 minutes on each side. Internal temperature should read 165 degrees. Dispose of excess marinade.
- Let chicken rest for 5 minutes and chop.
- Heat the Ricos Queso Blanco Cheese Sauce for 7 minutes on the stove top stirring often. Place in a gravy boat for easy pouring.
- Heat the black beans on the stove top letting simmer for 5 minutes.
- Warm your tortillas.
- Set up your Cinco de Mayo Burrito Bar with chopped chicken, tortillas, lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo, Ricos Queso Blanco Cheese Sauce, cilantro lime rice and black beans all in separate bowls with serving utensils.
- Assemble your Queso Smothered Chicken Burritos however you please! I placed some cilantro lime rice on the tortilla, a spoonful of black beans followed by some chicken. Rolled up my burrito and poured Ricos Queso Blanco Cheese Sauce over the top. Place some lettuce topped with guacamole and sour cream on the side. Place a spoonful of pico de gallo on burrito and eat!