Nacho Pizza Bombs
Servings: 6 people
Rate This Recipe
- 2 13.8oz refrigerated pizza crusts
- 1 15oz can Ricos Gourmet Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 14-16 cubes mild cheddar cheese
- 4-6 strips bacon (cooked & diced)
- 1 Jalapeno (chopped)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 TBSP red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup parsley (chopped)
- Place a pizza stone on the center rack of the oven (NOTE: this is needed in order to bake pizza bombs evenly). Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and then line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Roll the refrigerated pizza crust on a flat surface. Using a 3.75-inch round cookie cutter, cut about 7-8 discs from each pizza crust. You will end up with about 14-16 discs.
- Fill the center of each with 1 teaspoon nacho sauce, top with 1 cube of cheddar, a few pieces of chopped bacon, chopped jalapeno, and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro/parsley. Then, lightly brush around the outer rim of the discs with water. Bring the moistened edges of the discs towards the center, lightly pleating to form a tight enclosure, and pinch to seal.
- Insert a long wood skewer dipped in flour through the center of the roof layer of the pizza bomb in order to make a hole for steam to vent.
- Place on the lined baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart. In a small bowl, mix oil, pepper flakes, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper each.
- Heat in the microwave for about 40-60 seconds. Brush the Nacho Pizza Bombs with the heated mixture. Place baking sheet on top of the pizza stone and bake for about 15-18 minutes or until cooked and lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and brush them again with the oil mixture.