Nacho Cheese Taco Casserole
Servings: 6 people
Rate This Recipe
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey (ground beef can also be used)
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth (beef broth can also be used)
- 4 cups tortilla chips crushed
- 1 15 oz can Ricos Gourmet Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add ground turkey to the skillet and cook until browned.
- Once turkey is browned, sprinkle taco seasoning over the top of the meat and stir.
- Whisk in the flour and broth.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Let cook until liquid begins to reduce and sauce is thickened.
- Spread 1/2 of the crushed tortilla chips into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Top with 1/2 of the meat mixture followed by 1/2 of the Ricos Gourmet Nacho.
- Repeat the steps.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Freezing directions: If freezing, do not bake. Follow all steps but do not bake. Cover with 2 layers of tin foil. Label and date the casserole and freeze up to 3 months. Defrost overnight in your fridge and bake 30-45 minutes at 325 degrees.
Recipe & Images submitted by Aileen Cooks Blogger Aileen