Servings: 4 people
Rate This Recipe
- 2 can Ricos Gourmet Nacho Cheese Sauce (or Ricos Hot & Spicy; or Ricos Premium Cheddar)
- 1 lb lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 package flour tortillas
- 2 cups canola oil (to fry tortillas)
- 1 can refried beans (optional)
- 4 plum tomatoes (diced)
- 1 small white onion (diced)
- 2 cups green chilis (diced)
- 2 cups tomatillo sauce (peeled and pureed in a blender)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (for garnish) (optional)
- sour cream (for garnish) (optional)
- 1 lime (for garnish) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of oil and ground beef or turkey. Season with the chili powder, salt and a pinch of pepper. Stir and cook evenly. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet you used for the cooking the beef, over medium high heat, add 2 cups of oil. When oils begins to ripple, slowly add one tortilla at a time. Cook for 1 minute on each side, remove and let dry on paper towel. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- To assemble the lasagna, cover the bottom of the oiled casserole pan with six tortillas, layering them one over the other. Add layer of 1/3 of the cooked ground beef. Top with one can of the Ricos Cheese Sauce. Add another layer of six tortillas. Top with diced green chili, and another 1/3 of the ground beef. Add the refried beans, spreading out evenly, the tomatillos. Top with a final layer of the remaining tortillas. Cover this final layer with the remaining ground beef, Ricos Cheese Sauce, diced plum tomatoes and diced onions.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro leaves, and squeeze lime juice over everything. Top with a dollop of sour cream. Serve immediately and enjoy!