Fiesta Queso Burger Tostadas
Servings: 4 people
Rate This Recipe
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 small white or yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 yellow corn tostadas
- 8 tbsp Ricos Gourmet Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 8 tbsp pico de gallo (chopped onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and tomatoes)
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1 avocado, sliced
- cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add oil and cook onion for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then, add garlic and let cook for about 1 minute, stirring every now and then. Do not let brown!
- Season ground beef with salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and let cook additional 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in lime juice!
- To arrange the dish, place corn tostadas on a plate, and spread 2 tablespoons of warm Ricos Gourmet Nacho Cheese Sauce on top of each of the 4 tostadas.
- Next, spoon about 1/4-1/3 cup cooked ground beef on top of each tostada.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of pico de gallo and 1/4 cup chopped red cabbage on top, as well as a few slices of avocado and chopped cilantro. Serve immediately!
- If desired, additionally serve with sour cream or lime wedges, and your favorite drink.