Cheesy Taco Casserole
Servings: 8 people
Rate This Recipe
- 1 15 oz can Ricos Gourmet Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 8 oz can diced tomatoes and chipotle peppers (you can use diced tomatoes if you prefer a less spicy dish)
- 6 small corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 package taco seasoning
- Brown your ground beef. You can use any meat you like or if you prefer, you could also use black beans in the place of meat. I also prefer to cook my meat in the slow cooker.
- Add taco seasoning to meat or beans.
- Place 3 corn tortillas, torn into small pieces, in the bottom of a greased 8" round pan.
- Add 1/2 ground beef mixture over tortillas.
- Add 1/2 can of diced tomatoes and peppers over beef.
- Add 1/2 can of Nacho Cheese over beef/tomato mixture.
- Spread cheese out as much as possible over dish.
- Add 3 remaining corn tortilla, torn into small pieces, over mixture.
- Repeat beef/tomato/cheese layering.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in 350 degree oven.
- Remove from oven, add shredded cheese to top of dish.
- Bake until cheese is melted.