Cheesy Pumpkin & Chicken Taco Bake
Servings: 4 people
Rate This Recipe
- 1 3/4 cup Ricos Gourmet Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tsp taco seasoning
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 jalapeño, finely minced
- 1/2 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 packet taco seasoning (or remaining amount in packet left over from enchilada sauce)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 can Mexicorn, drained
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 large flour tortillas
- Extra jalapeño slices, shredded cheese, sour cream and cilantro for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a blender, pour all ingredients for enchilada sauce and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and saute onions, garlic and jalapenos until tender.
- Add in Mexicorn and black beans and cook for an additional minute or so.
- Add in taco seasoning, pumpkin puree, Rico's Cheese sauce and chicken broth and let simmer covered for 4-5 minutes.
- Toss in chicken
- In an iron skillet, layer 1 flour tortilla into the bottom, followed by a layer of chicken mixture. Top this layer with a generous amount of enchilada sauce. Add another tortilla on top and complete the layering process until the skillet is full.
- Bake in the oven at 350 for about 10-15 minutes, or until completely warmed throughout and sauce is bubbling.
- Top with additional enchilada sauce, Ricos cheese sauce and your favorite taco toppings!
- Serve immediately and enjoy!