Braised Beef Nacho Burritos
Servings: 8 people
Rate This Recipe
- 2-2 1/2 lbs beef chuck roast, trimmed of fat
- 2 tsps cumin
- 2 tsps kosher salt
- 2 tsps black pepper
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbs flour
- 3 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 8 Burrito sized flour tortillas
- 2 cups cilantro lime rice, prepared (we used a boxed rice mix)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups pico de gallo
- 1 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 cup Ricos Gourmet Nacho Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large dutch oven, heat vegetable oil over medium high heat.
- Mix together cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl and rub all over chuck roast.
- Place chuck roast into dutch oven and brown on all sides for 4-5 minutes per side. Remove roast and place onto a plate.
- Add onion, jalapeno and garlic into dutch oven and saute until softened, 5-6 minutes. Stir in flour and allow to cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in beef broth and stir in cilantro. Place beef back into the dutch oven and bring to a boil.
- Place dutch oven into oven and bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven, turn beef over and return to oven for 1 additional hour.
- Transfer beef to a cutting board. Slice meat against the grain, or shred with a fork.
- Heat each tortilla in microwave for 30 seconds so they are pliable.
- Evenly distribute rice, black beans, beef, pico de gallo and cilantro down the center of each burrito. Pour Ricos Gourmet Nacho Cheese over the top.
- Fold opposite edges of each tortilla up and over filling. Starting from the edge closest to you, tightly roll up tortilla to enclose filling.
Recipe & Images submitted by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen Blogger Megan