Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
Rate This Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 3 tsp garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 pound cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 pound cooked ground beef
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 15 oz can Ricos Condensed Cheddar Cheese
- salt & pepper
- Shredded cheddar, green onions, sliced tomatoes, sliced dill pickles for garnish optional
- In a large pot heat olive oil and melt butter.
- Once butter is melted add carrots, celery, onion, and garlic.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring frequently for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Mix in flour. Stir for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in milk and broth until slightly thickened.
- Bring to boil and let simmer for 10 minutes. Add in cheese and whisk until velvety smooth.
- Add in parsley, Worcestershire sauce, cooked hamburger meat, and cooked bacon. Heat until warm.
- Sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Add your favorite toppings. Serve with chips or crackers. Eat and enjoy!