Air Fryer Pumpkin Fries
Servings: 4 people
Rate This Recipe
- Air Fryer
- 1 small pumpkin
- 3 teaspoons arrowroot starch (corn or potato starch will also work)
- 2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 15 oz. can of Ricos Gourmet Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground chipotle powder optional
- flaked sea salt to taste
- Using a very sharp knife, cut the pumpkin in half and scoop out the flesh and seeds. Cut the halves in half again and peel off pumpkin pieces using a vegetable peeler.
- Carefully slice the peeled pieces into ¼"- thick fries. Place the pumpkin fries in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Let the fries soak for least 30 minutes.
- Drain the fries, rinse and with pat dry.
- In large mixing bowl, add fries and top with arrowroot starch and olive oil. Mix well to make sure the fries are evenly coated.
- Sprinkle on the chile powder and garlic powder and toss again until evenly distributed.
- Spread fries in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets.
- Place fries in air fryer in a single layer. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees F, flipping once halfway through, until the fries are golden brown and crisp.
- Top the fries with Ricos Gourmet Nacho Cheese Sauce and spices to taste. Enjoy!