Air Fryer Cheesy Chicken Chimichanga
Servings: 6 people
Rate This Recipe
- 6 large flour tortillas (Burrito Size)
- 2 cups Shredded Chicken
- 3/4 cup Ricos Gourmet Nacho Cheese (+ extra for topping)
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup refried beans
- 1 Jalapeno chopped (+ more for topping)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Spray Olive Oil
- Into a large bowl mix together shredded chicken, Rico's Gourmet Nacho Cheese, salsa, refried beans, jalapeno, cumin, chili powder, salt, and black pepper. Stir until well mixed.
- Layout a large flour tortilla. Add 1/3 cup of cheesy chicken filling to the bottom 1/3 of the tortilla. Fold inward the left side, then ride side, then the bottom. Roll the chimichanga until it's a perfect burrito shape and no excess tortilla is showing. Repeat 5 more times.
- Before you start to roll the last 3 chimichangas, spray the air fryer basket with spray olive oil. Pre-heat the air fryer at 390 degrees for 4 minutes.
- Once the air fryer is pre-heated. Depending on your basket size, carefully add 3 chimichangas or all 6 chimichangas into the basket. Give them a light spray of spray olive oil. Cook at 390 degrees for 7 minutes.
- Remove chimichangas from air fryer basket with tongs. Let cool for 2 minutes. Plate with lettuce, pico, and sour cream. Top your chimichangas with more Rico's Gourmet Nacho Cheese and a sprinkle of jalapeños.